On Sun, Jul 5, 2015 at 7:30 PM, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Jul 5, 2015 at 6:00 PM, Jason Resch <jasonre...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> ​> ​
>> Then why not go on to step 4?
>>

> ​Because I'm waiting for Bruno to fix step 3, and it looks like I'll be
> waiting forever.

If you want a version that doesn't use pronouns, there is the fully
arithmetical version of the argument. The one you are familiar with is the
"grandmother version" which doesn't require expertise or strong technical
knowledge in any area.

I think you should admit, however, (though perhaps what you say above is
sufficient) that are choosing to go for a world record in stubbornness
rather than to advance your understanding of Bruno's argument. That way
trying to convince you to proceed doesn't become a fruitless and perennial
activity by members on this list.

As it is, it's been almost two years since you understood sufficiently well
the point of step 3 to go on to the next step. If you choose to not proceed
out of protest then that is something only you can overcome. Now perhaps,
as with Searle and computationalism, you are the only genius who can see
the error, while none of us is smart enough to see it. However, after many
years, you have failed to convince anyone, or bring anyone to your cause.
Perhaps it is time to consider the possibility that the error lies
elsewhere.

Jason