On Thu, Aug 6, 2015 at 5:13 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

> ​>>>  ​
>>> the nuance is not in the name or in the pronouns, but in the 1p/3p
>>> difference, or in the 1-1p/3-1p difference.
>>
>> ​>> ​
>> ​In a world with people duplicating machines ​what exactly is the
>> difference between
>> *THE*​
>> 1p
>> ​ and the​
>> 3p difference
>> ​ and​
>>
>> ​the difference between ​
>> ​*THE​*
>> 1-1p
>> ​ and the
>> 3-
>> ​1​
>> p difference
>> ​? And whose "1p" is it anyway? ​
>> ​
>

> ​> ​
> It is the difference between what is written in a diary of a person,
> ​ ​
> and what an outsider can describe

​If after the duplication
 Bruno Marchal
​ can point to the one and only person that unambiguously wrote all that
stuff in that diary then it will have been proven that there really is such
a thing as **THE** 1P, if not then ​
Bruno Marchal
​ is talking gibberish.

> ​>> ​
> ​Expects? That depends entirely on who the Helsinki guy is, as
> interminable ​posts on this subject have conclusively shown John Clark and
> Bruno Marchal expect very different things.
>
> ​> ​
> But we do agree on who the guy is. He is the guy who remember Helsinki.

​But today is thursday so we don't agree.

​>> ​
>> But why is this even relevant?

​> ​
> You would read step 4, 5, ... you would have a pretty clear idea why it is
> relevant

​If step 4 is built on the foundations of

​step 3 then it would be pointless to read step 4 until
the blunders in step 3
​are repaired, and if it is not built on those foundations then it was
unnecessary and foolish to include step 3 at all in your "proof". ​

> ​>> ​
>> The Helsinki guy will have whatever future subjective experience he has
>

> ​> ​
> The point is that there are more than one which is available.

​
So you agree the Helsinki guy will have a
​
future subjective experience
​ ​
of Moscow and you agree
​ ​
the Helsinki guy will have a future subjective experience
​ ​
of Washington but insist the Helsinki guy
​ ​
will not experience Moscow and Washington in the future.
​ Are you sure you're a logician? ​

​> ​
>> and his expectations, correct or incorrect, have absolutely positively
>> *NOTHING
>> *to do with it.
>

> ?

​Which word didn't you understand?​

> ​>
>>> ​>>​
>>> ​
>>> ​​
>>> e have agreed on: both the M and W men are the same person as the H-man
>>

>> ​
>> ​>> ​
>> Yes the Moscow man and the Washington man are the Helsinki man, but it's
>> important to remember that ​
>> ​t​
>> he Washington man
>> ​is *NOT* the Moscow man; and that's why personal identity can only be
>> traced from the past to the present, never from the present to the future.​
>>

> ​> ​
> Your own copies in W and M refute this immediately.

​Bullshit. W says I remember seeing Washington ​one minute ago, and M says
I remember seeing Moscow one minute ago, so W is *NOT* M . But both W and M
say I remember seeing Helsinki one hour ago so both W and M *are* H.

> ​> ​
>> ​Until a city was spotted ​John Clark would know that John Clark had NOT
>> been duplicated, although John Clark's body may or may not have been.
>
> ​> ​
> So you say that at a time he might know what happened. Pure nonsense.

​Until
​
 different
​ ​
outside stimulation
​ is received​
, like seeing
​a ​
different
city​
, both brains would be running identical programs in parallel
​,​
so John Clark would have only one conscious experience regardless of how
many identical brains were involved.

​> ​
> He should just never expect experiencing being in two cities, and the
> point is that the guy cannot see the difference, unless telepathy

​Telepathy?? Oh for christ sake!​

​  John K Clark​