On Thu, Jul 14, 2016  Brent Meeker <meeke...@verizon.net> wrote:

> ​> ​
> Although I think JKC has a point about pronouns, I don't see what it has
> to do with Bruno's theory.  He just proposes this as an illustration of
> first-person-indetermancy as implicit in Everett's interpretation of QM.
> It has problems with probability, but so does Everett's QM

​Everett has problems​
 coming up with probabilities because it's hard to figure out how an
infinite number of worlds and finite probabilities can coexist; maybe the
number of worlds isn't infinite just enormously large, or maybe somebody
will figure out another way to find a answer, but at least Everett's
question is clear.
 But Bruno can't come up with a probability because he doesn't know what he
​even ​
wants a probability of. Not every string of words is a question even if it
has a question mark at the end.

It's as if Bruno demanded to know what is the probability "THE banana" will
be in Washington, not any old banana will do Bruno wants to know about "THE
banana" even though Bruno can't say what "THE banana" is or how it differs
from every other banana and nobody can tell one banana from another, not
even bananas.

> ​> ​
> what does probability refer to when everything happens

​
If you were
​a ​
bookie
​ ​
and wanted to make money it refers to the odds you would give
​ ​
that the only chunk of matter in the observable universe that behaves in a
Johnkclarkian way will
​say "I have just observed
​"​
 sometime in the next hour.