On 02 Apr 2017, at 04:06, John Clark wrote:

On Sat, Apr 1, 2017 at 3:31 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be> wrote:

​> ​If God exist, then it is impossible to prove that God exist.

​Bullshit. If God existed He would have absolutely problem in proving His existence even to someone like me. ​

In which theory?

I guess you mean the fairy tales defended only by obscurantists or victim of obscurantists.

​> ​You are the one defending Aristotle theology

​Bruno, you've been writing that exact same zinger for about a decade now, don't you think it's time to think of a new one?​

Do you, or do you not believe in a primary physical universe. If not what is your theology? I put the cards on the table, and all what you do is throwing them away without suggesting any replacement. You criticize Aristotle but confess to not having read him. You don't need, indeed, you have the same theology. Why do you think Plato did not choose Aristote to follow him as director of the Athene academy. You criticize the antic greeks, but seem not to realize that our civilisation is based on one half of the greeks. The antic greeks are the one who made clear two quite different view of conceiving rationally the "reality". One gave mathematics, the other one gave physics and, alas, physicalism/materialism.

​> ​You confuse .... Here you confuse​ ....​

​And speaking of confusion...​

​> ​You stooped at step 3.

​You blundered at step 3.​ ​

Only in appearance when you throw out the distinction between first person and third person points of view, indeed. That has been shown in all details.

It really looks like you are working for the Pope. Well, it is unfair to say this, because if you read "Splendor Veritatis", you can see that the catholic conception of God has changed a lot in one century and is much less naive than yours', but I guess you will not read it. Maybe what you know of religion comes from the TV show by evangelists, in which case you have all my compassion. Those would be able to make God Itself into a strong atheist, ...