> On 27 Jul 2018, at 17:59, John Clark <johnkcl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 6:53 AM, Bruno Marchal <marc...@ulb.ac.be
> <mailto:marc...@ulb.ac.be>> wrote:
>
> >>Neither I nor anybody else has ever seen a calculation other than the
> >>physical sort,
>
> >You assume Aristotle philosophy,
>
> Despite what the current President of the USA says facts actually exist; and
> so it is not an assumption it is a FACT that neither I nor anybody else has
> ever seen a calculation other than the physical sort.

That is an obvious fact, and it proves nothing, unless you are using Aristotle
criterion of reality, which is simply logically inconsistent with the Mechanist
theory. Seeing proves nothing. It can only augment or diminish the plausibility
of a theory. That is why we have to backtrack to Plato, whose conception of
reality makes much more sense when we assume mechanism in cognitive science.

> >You need to keep in mind the Aristotle/Plato divide.
>
> No I do not! Neither of those 2 Greek Bozos knew where the sun went at night
> and therefore there is no reason for me to keep anything either of them said
> in mind because today I have easy access to information that is quite
> literally astronomically better than anything they could dream of.

The fact that some people are wrong in some domain (geography) does not entail
that they were wrong in another domain. Your point is not valid. We have made
some progress in physics and technology, but we have regress a lot in the most
fundamental science (theology or metaphysics). Indeed, some people still
believe that seeing the moon is a prove of the existence of a primary moon,
which is simply not valid, as Pythagoras and Plato understood, but we have been
brainswashed since with Aristotle metaphysics (materialism, the belief in the
necessity to assume a primary physical universe, or primary matter, today
completely confuse with physical universe and matter).

Bruno