> On 4 Sep 2020, at 13:32, smitra <smi...@zonnet.nl> wrote:
>
> Even if the MWI is false and the wavefunction collapses to produce only one
> of the possible outcomes with a probability given by the Born rule, you'll
> still get all possibilities realized in a generic infinite universe, whether
> it's spatially infinite or a universe that exists for an infinite long time.
>
> The only way to find out what exists beyond the realm we've explored s to do
> experiments. No philosophical reasoning about the interpretation of
> probabilities can ever settle whether or not the universe is so large or will
> exists for such a long time that another copy of me exists. That's why these
> discussions are not so useful as an argument of whether the MWI is correct or
> not.

But we need some philosophical assumption about what is the “universe”. If we
bet on mechanism, we have to bet on elementary arithmetic, but then we get the
theorem that there is an infinity of computations going through our states, and
that physics must be recovered through a measure on the relative computational
histories. And this works, without eliminating the qualia (consciousness),
which is not the case in physicist metaphysics.

The burden of the proof is in the hand of the materialist (believer in
ontological physical universe), and we already know that he has to abandon
“indexical digital Mechanism”.

Bruno