> On 19 Apr 2021, at 19:51, Philip Benjamin <medinucl...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> [Bruno Marchal]
> “Good question. I can answer some of them in the frame of the
> computationalist hypothesis. Everything physical emerges from arithmetic as
> seen from inside in some mode of self-reference. What many people miss is
> that the notions of computer and computation are an arithmetical notion.
>       Another “cultural” problem, since Aristotle, is the confusion between
> the (many) evidences that there is a physical reality, and the (absent)
> evidences that this physical reality is fundamental or primitive (= has to be
> assumed, or = cannot be derived from less).” Bruno
>
> [Philip Benjamin]
>       Out of arithmetic only arithmetic can arise. Even that is questionable,
> because all arithmetic about any physicality is already predetermined—nothing
> new ARISES.

After Gödel 1931, we know that this is plausibly false, and provably false if
we assume Mechanism. The arithmetical reality is out of time, so that in some
sense nothing new arise from the 0th person perspective, or God’s perspective,
… But for the internal perspective of any universal numbers *in* arithmetic,
not only something new arise, but there are an infinity of surprises. No
machine can get an effective theory about all the arithmetical truth, nor even
define it, despite the clear intuition that we can have.
Before Gödel, we thought we could build the mathematical edifice on the
“simple” arithmetical reality.
After Gödel, we know that we CANNOT use the mathematical edifice to get some
foundation of even the simple arithmetical reality, but by using stringer and
stronger theories, we can see a larger spectrum of the arithmetical reality.

> No matter what people miss in notions of computer and computation as
> arithmetical notions. Everything physical is DEAD, unless it is ENDOWED with
> life.

This looks like vitalism to me, frankly.
Also, you seem to assume a physical reality out there. That requires to abandon
Mechanism (and thus Darwin, etc.). I find this very speculative. There are no
evidences for primary matter or physicalism.

> Dead physicality is governed by binding energies including chemical energies
> ruled by chemical laws of bonding encoded as duet and octet configurations of
> particles of opposite spins.

I can’t use this, as I do not assume anything primarily physical.

> Life cannot arise from DEAD physicality.

I agree. In fact life cannot arise from anything physical, as the physical has
to emerge from the machine’dreams/computations (and thus arguably life).

> Bohr was fundamentally wrong in introducing undefined subjectivity (whatever
> that means) of living matter into quantum physics.

I agree.

> Subjectivity is supposed to collapse a mathematical/statistical function,
> which in turn causes subjectivity. Nothing could be more circular than that.
> Moreover, if subjectivity affects a wavefunction either the former is also a
> mathematical function or the latter has also subjectivity. Otherwise it is a
> category error. A probability is a theoretical NUMBER which has no CREATIVE
> powers and no aseity!! .

OK (I guess for different reason than you).

> Amplitudes do not change that status. It has now become one of the gods of
> Western Acade-Media Paganism (WAMP).
>        There are only two cultures possible for the entire human race: 1 .
> Pagan culture of un-awakened/kundalini/reptilian consciousness; 2 . Non-pagan
> culture of awakened/quickened/regenerated consciousness.

Hmm...

> All the rest are sub-cultures of these two.

I would say that there are two sort of people. The con-artist who acts like
they have found it, and the researcher who propose theories, without ever
claiming them true, but on the contrary they propose verification test, and are
happy when when disproved, as they learn something.

> [...]
> 16-34;
> https://politicaltheology.com/the-politics-of-the-unknown-god-acts-1716-34
> <https://politicaltheology.com/the-politics-of-the-unknown-god-acts-1716-34>),
>   and opened up the channels of critical thinking necessary for explorations
> in all fields especially science and technology.  Here the Extrinsic Source
> alone is the Dynamo of Regeneration.  The Thomistic Scholarship, Reformation,
> Puritan & Wesleyan Revivals, the Two Great Awakenings etc. are all offshoots
> of Augustinian transformation , which all together produced the Western
> Civilization—markedly different from the rest of the pagan world of wisdom.
> It is altogether unlike the  “Woke” sub-culture which is a constellation of
> juvenile beliefs and attitudes that were carefully introduced into the
> Augustinian West by WAMP-the-Ingrate.
>     Woke culture  pretends to be compassionate, tolerant, altruistic and
> intellectual. In fact it is glorified lethargy, dangerous illusion of
> liberty, social justice  and equality, that bestows social power to people
> who are sycophants of the WAMP. It coerces the rest with very oppressive laws
> based on fake or shallow and anachronistically misconstrued and passionate
> issues of sexism, environmentalism, Jihadism, feminism, racism, etc.),
> instead of facing the pain and tragedy in their own lives of addictions,
> life-styles and miseries. “Woke” legitimately merits to be a pejorative term,
> with its belligerent adherents willfully sticking to blatant lies of Marxism.
> QAnon  started as online posts by a shadowy figure named “Q”,  suddenly
> exploded into a cultish fringe movement that’s been dubbed as “extreme right”
> —  usually a typical Marxist tactics — and is now deemed a potential domestic
> terror threat by some biased government agencies. The WAMP & the WOKE are
> willfully ignorant of these historical facts: 1 . Slavery was for the first
> time in human history abolished by law in the British Empire (the vastest,
> strongest, greatest noblest—not perfect—ever on planet Earth), thanks to the
> life-time effort of a Puritan MP, William Wilberforce protégé of  the cleric
> John Newton,  2 . Emancipation Proclamation was follower about six decades
> later in Puritan America, 3 . Ocean routes to the East were necessitated by
> the Jihadist blockade of all land routes through  conquests, 4 . Women’s
> Suffrage, Abolition of Child Labor, of Sati, of Foot-binding, propagation of
> education, hospitals, charities, foreign aids etc. were biproducts of
> Augustinian awakenings of the “inner man” (bio dark-matter bodies)—unheard of
> before that in the world of conquests and dictatorships of un-awakened
> consciousness!! 5 . Ecclesiastical authorities of Galileo times were only
> defending the well-established ( and age-old) Ptolemaic science of those
> days.
>
> Note:  WAMP = Western Acade-Media Pagan(ism)

I tend to believe the contrary. The truth is in our head, not in any books. But
some books can provide tools for improving the research. Machine’s mystical
state are personal, and the wise machine remains silent on it, or propose a
(precise, testable) theory. Sacred texts are just theology for the maternal
level, the rest is observation, theory building and sharing, and testing. The
real divide is between Plato, where the observable is a symptom for a reality
we can search, and Aristotle, where observation is a criterium of reality (a
position which is already refuted by the dream argument, and with mechanism,
the dream argument becomes a theorem).

Bruno