From: Brent Meeker <meekerbr...@gmail.com>
To: everything-list@googlegroups.com
Sent: Wed, Jun 29, 2022 2:46 pm
Subject: Re: The Supreme Court and the Electoral College

 On 6/29/2022 4:55 AM, John Clark wrote:

In their dissenting court decision Justices Stephen Breyer, Sonia Sotomayor and
Elena Kagan wrote:
   "Never before had the court rescinded an individual right and left it up to
the states whether to respect what had once been anchored in the Constitution.
After today young women will come of age with fewer rights than their mothers
and grandmothers had. The majority’s refusal even to consider the life-altering
consequences of reversing Roe and Casey is a stunning indictment of its
decision. The majority has overruled Roe and Casey for one and only one reason:
because it has always despised them, and now it has the votes to discard them.
The majority thereby substitutes a rule by judges for the rule of law.”
  It's very hard to believe anybody who calls himself a "libertarian" would
agree with this court decision, but the fact is many, perhaps most, do.

 Really?  I know a couple of libertarians, including a guy who used to be
chairman of the Republican Libertarian Caucus, they're 100% for abortion as an
individual right.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/everything-list/d43e380a-af52-1953-cc96-75738d64ee72%40gmail.com.