On Tue, Apr 23, 2024 at 5:23 PM Brent Meeker <meekerbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

*> "I don't think you understand "values".  They are the basis of
> motivation,\"*

*And **I think you don't understand what the word "motivation" means, the
reasons that something behaves in a particular way.  *

* > "**What motivates LLAMA3...a prompt." *

*Two things determine what LLAMA3 or any other AI will do. *

*1) The machine's environment, which in this case is the prompt which can
be written text, audio, a picture, or a video. *

*2) The way the neural network of the machine is wired up, which is
determined by a huge matrix of numbers that nobody understands. *

*And you behave the way you do because of your environment, which like the
AI could be written text, audio, a picture, or a video, and just like the
AI, because of the way your brain is wired up. *

> *  > "**That it has lots of parameters that are numbers is not the same
> as having lots of values."*

*Why not? How would the machine behave differently if having lots of
parameters WERE  the same as having lots of values?  *

nww