Don't underestimate feelings/perceptions, no matter how false or distorted
they appear.

Facts matter less. Even if economy is growing, unemployment is low,
inflation is falling, and Trump is convicted, purchasing power of the
average household, due to the inflation/greedflation of the last 4 years,
will *feel* like it has decreased; particularly for the large segment
making less than 100-200k. Biden has consistently low approval ratings,
barely manages to tie Trump in national head-to-head polls, and is weaker
in swing states. The age issue and his being a Washington Insider for so
long is also problematic as he appears like an apologist for dysfunction,
when Trump gets to play insurrectionist against all the systemic issues the
US faces for years: a questionable response to the deadliest pandemic in a
century, rising prices and interest rates, growing levels of public and
private debt, rising rates of homelessness and the spread of tent
encampments in US cities, migrants on the southern border,  gun violence,
mental illness, depression, addiction, suicide, chronic illness and
obesity, coupled with a decline in life expectancy. I'm not arguing facts
here, but this is the perception and tone of the media I see being
over-consumed in the US.

And then the stupidity of the folks running PR and strategy for Biden's
campaign to ignore all of it and try to reframe everything in terms of
legislative successes, student loan forgiveness, how well the economy is
ACTUALLY doing etc. All irrelevant when most citizens walk into a store and
find nothing under 5$ anymore... remembering very well that it wasn't like
this not too long ago. Why should/would they care about actual
macroeconomic growth or whatever? The chipper "Everything is fine" way in
which the voter is supposed to feel that Biden is their energetic, great
choice, in face of the lunacy of the other guy... It's disingenuous as it
doesn't remotely feel like it addresses anything folks seem to care about.
It's as if the whole Biden PR Team is happy to earn their salary and pop
anti-anxiety meds until after the election.

This way, Dems are handing it to Trump. Aside from actually choosing a more
charismatic candidate, the tone should shift to reflect the actual mood of
the US. According to one of the recent Gallup surveys on the "Are you
satisfied the way things are going in the U.S.?" question: 3 out of 4
Americans aren't. Plus, we live in a time in which incumbents rarely
recover initial popularity. This narrative has to be turned on its head:
Biden shouldn't be stuck with the out-of-touch defender of status quo card.
He should listen to the national mood, take a step back from being an
insider, and go for/announce effective reforms based on the real
perceptions of the most relevant demographics. Stage listening and talking
to them non-stop. Admit that shit is broken when it is, instead of trying
to sell voters a Ferrari that looks like the old chevy. It's not about
truth, but perception for most people. And in this department, barring
something huge happening in between, Biden is leading democracy into the
darkness he is condemning. Authoritarians around the world cannot wait for
the count to come in after 5th November.