On Tue, Jul 9, 2024 at 4:29 PM Brent Meeker <meekerbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

* >So you wrote a whole paragraph but it's unclear whether you are agreeing
> with me that consciousness is NOT just some mysterious byproduct of
> intelligence,*

Consciousness is not mysterious, unless you think a brute fact is
mysterious, but there are only two ways an iterative sequence of "how" or
"why" questions can go, it can either terminate with a brute fact or it
goes on forever. I think an iterated sequence of questions going on forever
is far more mysterious than a brute fact. And I think it's a brute fact
that consciousness is the way data feels when it is being processed.

> *>but is an essential source of intelligent actions because it provides
> plans and evaluates planned actions and scenarios.*

You've got cause-and-effect mixed up. Consciousness is not a source of
intelligent action, consciousness is an inevitable consequence of
intelligence.

<https://groups.google.com/g/extropolis>m

asd

sssfisdft