For anyone interested, I just saw this KB referenced:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/897615/

It appears to support the complaint on this thread about duplicating
problems on "Hyper-V or physical".

Key section:

"As part of the investigation, Microsoft may still require the issue to be
reproduced independently from the non-Microsoft hardware virtualization
software. Where issues are confirmed to be unrelated to the non-Microsoft
hardware virtualization software, Microsoft will support its software in a
manner that is consistent with support provided when that software is not
running together with non-Microsoft hardware virtualization software. "

--James