From: Jeff Brown [mailto:2jbr...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 12:35 PM
To: MS-Exchange Admin Issues
Subject: RIM SUPPORT

Any one else pissed about how RIM changed their support offerings?

I am a relatively small shop, with just over 200 phones and one BES server.  I
can't imagine how they justify charging my support based on the number of
phones, because that affects them almost NOT AT ALL, as what they really do is
support my ONE server.  I have been running this for about 4 years and have
asked for help maybe 3 times.

Last year my 12 month support contract was $4,600, this year they want more
like $6,200, even though my number of phones has dropped from 265 to 205.

The drop in number of phones is indicative of our company economy.  It is a BAD
time, really bad for them to limit my options to a new level of support with
lots of great value that I cannot afford.

Here's the cherry:  NO ONE with more than 50 handsets will be supported on a
per incident basis according to my sales rep.

They really want to know how I am going to respond when I feel like someone has
put a gun against my head....

________________________________
CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: The information transmitted, or contained or
attached to or with this Notice is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain Protected Health Information (PHI),
confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, transmission,
dissemination, or other use of, and taking any action in reliance upon this
information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient without
the express written consent of the sender are prohibited. This information may
be protected by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996
(HIPAA), and other Federal and Florida laws. Improper or unauthorized use or
disclosure of this information could result in civil and/or criminal penalties.
Consider the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need
to.

This email and any attached files are confidential and intended solely for the
intended recipient(s). If you are not the named recipient you should not read,
distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions expressed in this
email are those of the author and do not represent those of the company.
Warning: Although precautions have been taken to make sure no viruses are
present in this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or
damage that arise from the use of this email or attachments.