On 5/04/00 12:21, Matt Stegman [EMAIL PROTECTED] is reported to have
said:

>Absolutely.  With a disk that big, you may want to plan ahead.  Assuming
>your computer isn't all kinds of cool (as in, able to boot past the 8GB
>limit) you'll want to make all your /boot partitions at the beginning of
>the disk, then your / (root) partitions, and maybe stick a single /home
>partition in the middle, to be shared across the multiple installations.

Ah... interesting.  I had read that but did not think of it.  How do I
know if my computer can boot at any point on the HD?  And, if not, do I
need to set up a whole bunch of partitions like this:

boot1
boot2
boot3
boot4
data1
data2
data3
data4

Thanks,

Kirk

                               vice versa
 Translations - French to English, English to French | Technical Writing
 Traductions francais-anglais, anglais-francais      | Redaction technique
             [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.mcelhearn.com
    Kirk McElhearn | Chemin de la Lauze | 05600 Guillestre | France