On Wed, 21 Jun 2000, Daniel Woods wrote:

> > Due to export restrictions on cryptography, we had to separate openssh
> > from the main distribution.
>
> Damn, I forgot that !
> Being in Canada, we don't worry about such nonsense.
> Right Jean-Michel :) ?

Yup, as long as it's open-source, we can import and export almost anything
we want! Where do you think all our crypto mirrors get their stuff from by
the way? Sherbrooke, Quebec ;-)

If/When MandrakeSoft opens in Canada, we'll be able to do a distro with
crypto in it. But right now we're only in France (crypto used to be
illegal to *use* not so long ago) and USA (the paranoid country).

> Besides, I live in Calgary where OpenBSD and openSSH are maintained.
> I even spoke to Theo de Raadt at a recent conference.

Funny, I just learned today that OpenBSD was a Canadian product. And 5
minutes after, I read your mail. Timing!

Jean-Michel Dault
[EMAIL PROTECTED]