On 21 Jun, Jean-Michel Dault wrote:
> Yup, as long as it's open-source, we can import and export almost anything
> we want! Where do you think all our crypto mirrors get their stuff from by
> the way? Sherbrooke, Quebec ;-)
>
> If/When MandrakeSoft opens in Canada, we'll be able to do a distro with
> crypto in it. But right now we're only in France (crypto used to be
> illegal to *use* not so long ago) and USA (the paranoid country).

Didn't the rules on exporting crypto change recently? Enough that now,
unless you're one of the so-called "Terrorist countries" you're allowed to
d/l crypto software from US sites.

Laurent Duperval                   "Montreal winters are an intelligence test,
U|Force - Java Center                     and we who are here have failed it."
Phone: (514) 282-8484 ext. 228                                   -Doug Camilli
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]      Penguin Power!