On Sunday 29 October 2000 05:37, you wrote:

> > Hey, i was wondering if anyone else had a similar problem. I'm supposing
> the problem lies in the kde1-compat libraries in 7.2.  It happens when i
> try to run the configure script for kdevelop1.2.  It fails when it tries
> to compile a small kde application.  A look at the config.log files gives
> these errors:

> I was having the same problems with the 7.2beta and couldn't figure out
> why. Is it just a bad kde1 compatibility library or what?  If anyone has
> a fix for this I'd like to hear it.
>
> Thanks,
> Benjamin Ellis

If you are running KDE2, you probably have the enviroment set to where qt2
and the KDE2 library files are located. I got around that problem by putting
the following in a script, and making it executible.

#!/bin/sh
export KDEDIR=/opt/kde
export QTDIR=/usr/lib/qt
export PATH=$KDEDIR/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$KDEDIR/lib:$QTDIR/lib
./configure --prefix=/opt/kde

After you do the config, you can go ahead and make, make install as usual.
You will also need to change the paths to suit your box.  Hope it helps.

Jerry

--
Gerald Williams -- Words Matter!
Bangkok, Thailand