> Select Expert Install and put the XFree86-3.3.6 server on.  The
> XFree86-4.01 has some problems with SiS 6326 (and some 530s and 620s but
> not 540s and 630s) yet.

Ah, I see.  So there is a bug with the SiS 6326 series.  Here I was
thinking it was osmehting I did wrong.  Thanks for clearing that up,  my
faith in myself has been restored.

> (I have tested the SiS 530 and 620 sets and seen noise, ghosts, etc on
> 4.01 and they still work, with acceleration, in 3.3.6.  Of course, some
> of the new 3D games are not stable on them no matter what--their accel
> is easily beaten with an old PCI-SVGA card and a Voodoo 2).

Agreed, but these SiS video cards are dirt cheap, and this one is only
temporary until I pick up another video card for my Windows 2000 machine.

Thanks again

There's plenty of semicolons to go around