On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 06:21:11PM +0100, civileme wrote:

> Anthony Russello wrote:
> >
> > Actually,  I'm running an SiS6326 8 meg video card under mdk 7.1 on a P233
> > and I have no problems switching between X and console.  I do it quite
> > often actually.
> >
> > Though this same card under mdk 7.2 caused problems where in X my mouse
> > was represented by a large white block, regardless of what I did with the
> > X display options that box was always there in place of a mouse
> > cursor.  This only occurs in 7.2 though,  7.1 has no problems at all,
> > maybe an XFree86 4.0.1 problem?
> >
> > At any rate, I just use the 233 for testing different things so I don't
> > have to screw with my good linux machine.  But it would be nice to have an
> > updated version of mdk7.2 running smoothly on it.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> Select Expert Install and put the XFree86-3.3.6 server on.  The
> XFree86-4.01 has some problems with SiS 6326 (and some 530s and 620s but
> not 540s and 630s) yet.
>
> (I have tested the SiS 530 and 620 sets and seen noise, ghosts, etc on
> 4.01 and they still work, with acceleration, in 3.3.6.  Of course, some
> of the new 3D games are not stable on them no matter what--their accel
> is easily beaten with an old PCI-SVGA card and a Voodoo 2).
>
> Civileme

I have an Aopen PA50 video card with the SiS6326 chip and with LM7.2 for the first
time I installed XF86 4.0.1 using XFDrake without a
hitch.  Previously I have had to use the XF86 4.0.1 from XFree.org.  Try "Option
sw_cursor" to change the white square to a mouse
pointer. HTH.

--
Dennis Robertson  2/2 Sylvia Street  NOOSAVILLE QLD 4566
Phone: 61 7 54742343  Mob: 0419 535539