it could be LOTS of things. it could be some sort of hardware problem like
bad ram, a screwy hard drive, CPU overheating, or a bad USB chip.

to get useful help you'll want to come up with as much detail as you can:

is there any pattern to the crashing?
what software are you running?
what are you doing?
can you log in via telnet or get web pages from another machine?
has it always crashed or did it just start?
is it getting worse or more frequent?
can you boot it into another OS and does it crash then?
was the computer ever in New Jersey?
do you have a turtle?

the more the better.

good luck,