Its the locate database updating. At any time you can type `locate
[filename}' and instantly find the file. You update the databse where it
stores all the files and their locations as rot by doing `updatedb'.

Feel free to get rid of it if you wish.

Mike

Mike MacCana            Support Consultant
          C Y B E R S O U R C E
   Level 9, 140 Queen St Melbourne 3000
Ph : +61 3 9642 5997 Fax: +61 3 9642 5998