I have compiled and installed the Nvidia kernel & GLX source code without any
problems. In fact everything seems to work for a second or two, until the 3D
image freezes or X Windows crashes (depending on the 'OpenGL' program I run).

I have checked that GLX is loading correctly and that there are no
conflicting libraries, have tried everything in the Nvidia documentation, and
everything else I can think of. But X Windows continues brings up the
following error (in its log) -

RM failed to reinstate pixmap cache (I've also had warnings such as - Open
APM failed & Failure reading EDID parameters for head 0)

I'd be very grateful if anyone with any idea of whats going wrong could let
me know how to fix this. I have a Guillemot Max Gamer Cougar Riva TNT2 M64
Card, and have tried a similar card by a different manufacturer too, but had
the same problem. It works fine under Windows, but I don't often need or want
to use Windows for reasons everyone on this list I'm sure understands.

Any help would be appreciated.

Nathan Taylor