John, I have the same problems in 8.0, nor in 7.2; but in beta 2 and beta 3 I
had it also; it seems a problem with XFree86 4.0..2 and 4.0.3, because using
xine and videoland with xvideo activated (a way to use directly the graphic
hardware without XFree86) I can get full screen.

Ah! is not a problem with DRI, because programs that don't use DRI, like
clanbomber, heretic II or pingus also crashes X.

Perhaps we should communicate the problem to the XFree team, but we must be
sure this is the cause of the X crashes!!!!!

Francisco Alcaraz
Murcia (Spain)

El Lunes 30 Abril 2001 22:29, escribiste: