I don't have help for your specific errors.  But at
least make sure you are running X 4:

X -version

And that NVidia loaded properly:

lsmod

If you are definitely running X 4.0.x and NVidia shows
up in the list of modules, right back with specific
information about your hardware and Linux
distribution.

Also, list what version of the nvidia drivers you are
using.