TWGibson wrote:

>Ditto about missing the beginning...  I have a 435CDS that has the same
>problem with 8.0.  Very disappointing...  7.2 works fine though...  Maybe an
>issue with the 2.4 kernel?  I've had the same problem with other distros
>using the 2.4...
>
>TWGibson

With 8.0 and 8.1, an alternate install image is useful, but failure to
create ramdiisk is also a frequent error from a bad lot of CD pressings.
 Check out the 8.0 media on another machine before trying anything else.

For the alternate install image, on 8.1 you boot from CD #2 and on 8.0
you make a floppy from /images/alternatives/cdrom.img-2.2.19-BADZ5 using
dd or dos or windows rawwrite (which is in /dosutils/ on the same CD1
install.

Civileme

At least one person has suggested this doesn't work either, but there
are other possibilities as well.  7.2 runs nicely on the machine and the
8.0 kernel 2.4 vm is likely to soak up time noticeably,,, best to stick
with kernel 2.2 both for install and running.

Civileme