>To save words, I haven't been specific in some points.  I mean, if
you satisfied with good closed-driver (or software solution) why do you
use GNU/Linux (most much better solution for a lot of applications).  Use

Because I chose to. That's my right, just as it's your right.

>Win2k so! (I use it, and we have PPC - Apple and IBM - here in our Lab
too, also SGI).

Please don't try and tell me what OS to use; if you do that, you're as bad as the
closed source people you maintain are not good.

>problem, and probably will affect us someday, and I wouldn't be an hostage
of them more than necessary (since I bought a nVidia card).

I'm a hostage of no one; if I don't like their cards, I'll throw it away and buy
another. If I wish to use their cards, and their software (closed or not), that's my
choice. And no one - nVidia nor GNU - should try and force me into doing what I chose
not to do.

>I'm not promoting nVidia banishment at all.  Simply I won't buy

Sure you were.

>What I don't like is seeing people that uses GNU/Linux and thinks
that's fine to use proprietary solution together as long as no charge.
Maybe it's a question of philosophy

It is.