>You clearly showed agaisnt M$. However I'm not talking about M$ monopoly
issue, I'm talking about their policy of closed-software, which I see,
 was the main instrument that they used, much more than the monopoly.

I don't believe that to be the case. Many companies have closed source software; very
few companies have monoplies. Just having closed source does not provide enough
leverage to do what MS did. It required the monopoly power that only MS had.

>Who knows what's hidden in the windows code?  Why did Netscape never work
fine with Windows, even having specs form M$?  I could tell about the
story of the origin of MMX instructions from Intel, other day.

>> You're only a hostage if they are no other options, or if the options
> >available are not on a par with nVidia. Neither is true.

>Ok, if you do not consider as a "ramson" the price paid for your
card I agree with you.

No, I don't consider it "ransom". When you pay a ransom, you get something back which
was illegally taken from you, such as paying a ransom to get back someone kidnapped.
When buying a nVidia card, nothing was illegally taken from me, since being closed
source is not illegal.

Perhaps you meant consider it as a "closed source tax".