> I've just got a quick question on this topic: with all of this hoopla on
> nVidia's closed source Linux drivers, what is wrong with them? Do they not
> do something right? To the best of my knowledge, they implement OpenGL 1.3
> to the letter; is something broken?

What is wrong with them is (to some people) the fact that they are not open source;
this makes them less good (from a philosophical/ethical point of view) than the
equivalent open source. The fact that they work extremely well (if not perfectly), and
provide better/faster operation than the open source versions, is immaterial.

> Because, after this open/closed source debate is over we will still be left
> with the fact that nVidia's closed source drivers work better than ATi's or
> Matrox's.

The performance of the drivers doesn't count, for some people.