daRcmaTTeR wrote:

> [...]

<post for a slow night>
Yes, I think so. I see a lot of people offering help here, and really
doing a fine job of giving back to the open source community on this
list. Yes, every now and then, we see someone act like an ass but that
is life wherever you may find it. Sometimes, even here on the list, we
need a bit of a relevant distraction. I say relevant because this thread
encompasses a subject that has direct bearing on the future of the open
source movement i.e. Linux. That is why it engenders such passionate
opinion, we will not only learn some new things but we will have some
fun doing so too. I try to keep it in mind that this is a public list,
and, as such, you will see a wide variety of responses. Now and again,
we might feel someone has responded to our solicitations sounding a bit
more critical than we had anticipated. I can only say, as far as *nix*
lists are concerned, this one is about as genteel as I have encountered
in my experience. Every other list that I have been on always has a list
nazi or two constantly responding with nothing more than "RTFM" of
"STFW".
</post for a slow night>

J. Craig Woods
a.k.a. Dr John