--- "J. Craig Woods" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yes, every now and then, we see someone act
> like an ass but that
> is life wherever you may find it.

heh ... sometimes they are entertaining too depending
on what mood you were in when you read the post. or
should i say, depending on what days of the month?
<grin>

but like trolls on linux chats, if you dont bother
with them, they just go away and die naturally <grin>

>  Sometimes, even
> here on the list, we
> need a bit of a relevant distraction. I say relevant
> because this thread
> encompasses a subject that has direct bearing on the
> future of the open
> source movement i.e. Linux. That is why it engenders
> such passionate
> other person's
> opinion, we will not only learn some new things but
> we will have some
> fun doing so too.

really nicely said ... personally, i learn a lot here.
im not very active on this list but i do spend time to
read the relevant things i can take advantage of. and
also try to help out in my own little way... (well,
whatever my teeny weeny brain can spill out that can
help, i really dont mind sharing it)

> I try to keep it in mind that this
> is a public list,
> and, as such, you will see a wide variety of
> we might feel someone has responded to our
> solicitations sounding a bit
> more critical than we had anticipated.

hmmm, maybe because some listers had been drinking a
lot lately (coffee, wine, milk, etc) whatever makes
them sound hyper <grin>

>  I can only
> say, as far as *nix*
> lists are concerned, this one is about as genteel as
> I have encountered
> in my experience. Every other list that I have been
> on always has a list
> nazi or two constantly responding with nothing more
> than "RTFM" of
> "STFW".
> </post for a slow night>

i really cant agree more.

> J. Craig Woods
> a.k.a. Dr John
> the night tripper

hey john, did you actually missed an "s" to that
tripper thingie? <grin>. just curious! =)

dianne