On Tue, 2002-04-23 at 00:42, Damian G wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Apr 2002 01:30:18 -0500
> "J. Craig Woods" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Damian G wrote:
> > >
> > > but my point is, probably you can't track it down to a single person, virtually
> > > everyone who has you on their adress book can be sending them..
> > >
> > > HTH
> >
> > SHEESH!
> >
> > Why in hell would I worry about a virus written for a windoze machine
> > running outlook? I don't do windoze. You do, however, Damian, make the
> > point I was trying to get across. If you are getting one on these
> > infected emails sent to you, and the mail service is advising you that
> > you are the originator of the email but you are clearly not the
> > originator. Then it is my contention that the infected machine must have
> > your address. It is a no-brainer! How in hell would the code in the
> > virus "know" to use your email address as the sender: YOU ARE IN THE
> > ADDRESS BOOK ON THAT INFECTED MACHINE.
>
> uhm... i read a post about someone trying to track down this stuff.
> for the record, i do not use outlook.
>
> and, -also for the record, if you want- i think you need to calm down a bit.

Damian,

My interpretation of what JC is saying above is that basically he's
agreeing with you, saying that you are making his point exactly; there's
no intimation that you are an Outlook user.  You've been around the
lists for a while and are obviously an informed Linux user.  Plus JC
seems to be expressing some ire at the care anyone would have over a
windoze machine with a virus, rather forcefully. ;)

Which, I can understand his emotive state when it comes to windoze crap;
it is the biggest case of mea culpa that there has ever been.  The sheer
stupidity of it all; if you dare to load the junk, you are just asking
to be infected with a virus; and all the while the Linux users stand
around grinning and shaking their heads, impervious to it all.

Some of us feel that the more Winblows viruses, the better.

The Best,

LX

--
Kernel  2.4.8-26mdk     Mandrake Linux  8.1