Thus spake Damian G ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):

> On 23 Apr 2002 01:39:07 -0400
> Lyvim Xaphir <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2002-04-23 at 00:42, Damian G wrote:

>virtually

There is another posiblity. A friend of my wife has a cable
connection. The cable  company allows someting like 5 email addresses.

A while back they started to get messages from the cable company that
they had an email virus and to get rid of it (no assistance was
offered in doing this BTW). After several days of near panic, as virus
scanners pronounced them clean and the cable company was threatening
to cut them off, the truth emerged.

My wife's friend's mother had one of the email accounts. It was
something like Sheila04. Now, it transpires that there had previously
been a customer who had used this email address, but who was no longer
a customer. So they reused the email address.

Unfortunately the ex-customer still had at least something on her
machine configured with her former email address, so when *she* got
the virus and it started sending out emails, the return address was
Sheila04....
--
|Deryk Barker, Computer Science Dept. | Music does not have to be understood|
|Camosun College, Victoria, BC, Canada| It has to be listened to.           |