From: Praedor Tempus [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, June 07, 2002 2:23 PM
To: Mandrake Expert
Cc: KDE
Subject: [expert] KDE 3 mdk rpms - problem with konsole

I just downloaded and installed the latest kde 3.0.1 rpms for Mandrake 8.2.

All is well except for a problem with konsole.  I start the konsole from the

kpanel and the konsole comes up fine but the panel is now frozen.  I use the

magnify icons on a "tiny" kpanel and the konsole icon remains up and the
kpanel freezes, not allowing anything else to be selected, not the KMenu,
not
KControl, nothing.

The konsole appears to behave normally but when I close it, an error message

appears stating that it couldn't run "konsole-noxfst" (I think that's
it...something about a konsole-<fontserver>).  Any ideas?  Any fixes?

praedor