I tried that.. but am now getting the following types of error when I
run kde programs:

kuser: relocation error: /opt/kde3//lib/libkdefx.so.4: undefined symbol:
__ti7QPixmap

kwrite: relocation error: /opt/kde3//lib/libDCOP.so.4: undefined symbol:
newItem__14QPtrCollectionPv

ktux: relocation error: /opt/kde3//lib/libDCOP.so.4: undefined symbol:
event__7QObjectP6QEvent

Anyone have any suggestions?