Oh the wording is mine... it goes to runlevel 5 supposedly.  But X etc
cannot start.  NO error messages.... just a hang.  Leaving the box alone
for an hour results in a box that cannot be ssh'd into and is totally
frozen.  No error messages.  No log records it seems that X and Linux
think they are ok .... just it's not working.  X never fails.. nor does
it start.  At all times I get a message in ps-ax that kdm is trying to
start.  If I do a killall X or try to kill the start for kdm it can't
kill it.  I have to go back to runlevel 3 via telinit.  StartX from
runlevel 3 at that point hangs in a simular manor.  I've restarted xfs
and it restarts and runs without error.  Once I leave runlevel 5 the
only way to return to a functional runlevel 5 environment is via a
reboot.

James

On Sun, 23 Jun 2002 17:42:36 -0700
Todd Lyons <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said with temporary authority