daRcmaTTeR wrote on Sun, Jun 23, 2002 at 09:16:58PM -0400 :

> It's really quite simple. Open Linuxconf->Networking->Host name and IP

I usually recommend not to use linuxconf except as a last resort.  It
does some things to the system in a not friendly way and has left a bad
taste in my mouth. Maybe it's better now, but I'm not going to trust it
myself.  Use webmin or mcc instead.

Blue skies...           Todd
--
  Todd Lyons -- MandrakeSoft, Inc.   http://www.mandrakesoft.com/
UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because