On Sunday August 25 2002 01:41 pm, James Sparenberg wrote:
> Report from the field (so to speak)
> I just downloaded and installed 9.0 beta 4..... the box seems to be
> sitting here like a rock... 5 hours and no even a hint of a crash.
> In short I can find bugs, but it's a lot more solid on this box than
> 8.2. Feels like 8.1 so far.

    I've been usin 9.0 since the June alpha release and found it to be
better than 8.x with a kde3 upgrade. Solid. Currently I'm past beta4
(which has had many updated packages since it was mirrored on Fri.),
usin current cooker.

> DON'T release this version with KDE 3.0.0 At least make it 3.0.3 It's
> out it's stable and the rpms are built so why not? In Fact if you can
> try to send it out with 3.1.1.  The difference between 3.0.0 and
> 3.0.3 is dramatic in terms of speed and stability.

   ?? current kde is kde*-3.0.3 in 9.0.  MOF, if you watch the CHRPM
list, Mandrake's 3.0.3 contains some 3.1 back ports (eg, flash is back
for Konqueror, 3.1 mem leak fixes, etc).  I doubt you'll see 9.0 Final
with kde 3.1 tho. Altho, I'm a KDE user/fan, kde3 probly won't be
release grade til 3.3.3 ;>   Still better than Gnome 2.anything ;)

> PLEASE put slocate back in the default install,

   ?? ??  (it's never been missing),   slocate-2.6-5mdk