On Friday 08 November 2002 00:06, HoytDuff wrote:

> The answer was no farther away than the README.Linux file found in your
> installation of UT2003.

These things (forgetting to check the documentation) happen when you mess with
your pc late at night! :-)
Thanks for telling me!

> Q: I get the following text on my console when I run the game:
>       Xlib: extension "XiG-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD" missing on display ":0.0".
>      Is this a problem?
>   A: No. This means you aren't using an X server from Xi Graphics.
>      That message means we're looking for the X11 extension they use to
>      change screen resolutions, and having a non-XiG X server, you
>      don't have it. THIS IS NOT A UT2003 BUG. It's not a bug at all.
>      Xlib prints that "error", but we handle it gracefully.

Mmmm... the only graceful thing that happens is that I get sent back to the
command line prompt without the UT2003 gore I was expecting...

> But it may be that your video card is not supported, since it must supply
> S3TC support.
>
> All nVIDIA, no Radeon (unless you have an XiG X server), and no others.

I have a Elsa Erazor III LT (TNT2 M64 32Mb) + latest nVidia drivers.
I guess what's wrong!

--
Piero Piutti

Message mailed with: KMail 1.4.3 ~ KDE 3.0.3 ~ Mandrake Linux 9.0