Hi There,

Not sure if this will help, but I have a 233Mhz P1 notebook, with no
matter what I tried I couldn't get the PCMCIA working with the modules
that were included with mandrake 8.2 and this took me by surprise as I
always had working PCMCIA working with older versions of Linux.   What I
discovered later was my notebook didn't like the PCMCIA drivers that
were included with 2.4 Kernels.  There is another source of PCMICA
drivers that can be used..   I grabbed the drivers off the site
http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net/..  compiled them up, and it now works
like a charm.

Cheers
Mark