Andy Weller wrote on Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 12:06:06PM +0100 :
> I have tried everything with this now. All sorts of BIOS settings in my
> Award Plug and Play BIOS, all combinations of 'expert noauto' etc etc
> for boot and the patch.pl that I used for 8.2 - but nothing! Not too
> sure why this worked for 8.2, but not 9.0!?!? What can I do to get past
> this "Enabling PCMCIA extension cards..." business? Is there a patch out
> there that will completely disable this feature - besides, I don't have
> any PCMCIA cards anyhow...! Hmmmmmmmmm?

Boot CD2.  It does things differently and does not try to initialize the
pcmcia during the install.  A message by Guillaume Cottenceau was posted
to Cooker just last Thursday or Friday that explained exactly what it is
that is different about it.  If you feel like reading it, it can be
found in the mail archives.  Go to the mandrakelinux.com home website
and find the web archives and look through there.  There are two as I
recall, and one of them is searchable.

Blue skies...                   Todd
--
...and I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious
 anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my binaries, and you