El mié, 09-10-2002 a las 15:53, James Sparenberg escribió:
> Andy,
>
>    The only thing I can imagine it to be is that the cd reader is
> getting old and starting to wear.  This would me that the laser is quite
> tracking right all of the time. When it's a little bit off... it can't
> read correctly.  I've got one just like that in my trash can right now.
>
> James
>

> On Wed, 2002-10-09 at 05:22, Andy Weller wrote:
> > Does anyone know of any CD-ROM read errors. It seems very temperamental
> > to me. I have two identical CD's with a 3rd party application on and
> > depending on what mood the PC is in, depends on whether it will read the
> > CD's or not!?!

Well, I've been having problems with my CD drive since I installed MDK9,
and my CD-ROM drive is less than a year old. The drive always starts
reading OK, but after a while somehow the drive doesn't read the disk
anymore, I have to eject the CD and insert it again. I think something
is wrong with supermount.

Toshiro