On Fri, 18 Oct 2002 05:18:47 +1000 Ron Stodden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

Ron,

Thanks!  One question since I don't have time to experiment (doing so
would delay my burns another week+)...
> ./MakeCD (no arguments) shows these options:
>
>   --disc_building_tries <maximum number of iteration to build correct
>   ISO
> size>
>       Set the number of iterations when trying to adjust ISO size
>   --discsize <disc size in bytes>
>       Select a custom disc size (default 681000000).

What does MakeCD/mkcd expect to see as source?  I have the current 3 ISOs
mounted; but I suspect it may want an rsync tree...  if so, do you have a
quick tip for creating one from the ISOs (prefer not to waste more time
redownloading everything)?

> So try these, but you may get 4 disks instead of 3 <g>.   Mandrake
> deemed 4 to be an unacceptable number.  Your ISO images made this way
> will include the RPMs dropped from the Mandrake ISOs to reduce space.

I don't care if it creates a dozen, that's a whole lot cheaper than all
the wasted time...

> There maybe a firmware upgrade for your drive - check on the web with
> good old google.  The Acer 6206 may be a rebadged someone else's drive
> (look carefully all over it, inside and out).  There are not that many
> original drive creators, the rest just rebadge.    Same with CD-RW
> blanks.

That was someone else's drive...  mine is an HP7550i/V1.0a for which there
has never been an upgrade.

Cheers,
Pierre