On Friday 18 October 2002 09:51, James Sparenberg wrote:
> This is normal... You can't set permissions on a fat32 disk... file
> system won't do that.  So whomever or whatever mounts the partition,
> gets reported by Linux as the owner since it has to report something
> when you do an ls-l As far as Linux is concerned all files are readable
> and executable on a fat32 sysem.  Since yours seems to get mounted
> during boot root is mounting it so Linux reports root as the owner.
>
> James

I have a similar but more serious problem with the filesystem of win2000
(fat32)
I can see all directopries. But i cannot got into some system directories
(i.e. winnt and programs). They appear to be empty (but that is not true).
Into all the "normal" directories can go into and work with files and
subdirectories.
If I boot to win2000 I don't have any problem all works fine.
This behaviour (as I think) appeared at my PC since I used Mdk 8.2 and now
also with Mdk9.0.

The same is also with another windows partition (Win98).

It would be great if I could get a hint what to do because I cant use wine.
Wine does not recognize my installed window parttions and I also can't start
with a 'fake wine system'  any program which is in thoose directories.

W. Kasberg