> [root@jack-in jdyer]# chmod g-w /mnt/win_c/Program\ Files
> [root@jack-in jdyer]# ls -ld /mnt/win_c/Program\ Files
> dr-xr-xr-x   20 root     root         8192 May 26 17:23 /mnt/win_c/Program
> Files/
>
> (Notice, no write for anyone, despite the fact that this was a change to
> group permission.  I'm pretty sure that write access was allowed for
> everyone, prior to this command...)

Either I was wrong about this (because in a later test, g-w changed nothing)
or changing permissions in a FAT partition is really, very, Very funky...

I'm hoping that I was wrong...

-Jason

"I know about people who talk about suffering for the common good.  It's
never bloody them! When you hear a man shouting "Forward, brave comrades!"
you'll see he's the one behind the bloody big rock and the one wearing the
only really arrow-proof helmet!"
        -- Rincewind gives a speech on politics.
           (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)