On Friday, December 6, 2002, at 10:26 AM, Martin Fahrendorf wrote:

there is something weired in this mailinglist. All mails from me and
from vox gets a warning with invalid signature. someon is changeing
the content on the way (and it is not my mailserver). there are
changes from '=2D' to a '-'.
In some, not so rare, instances, sympa will rewrite messages and insert
MIME data instead of regular text data which, of course, screws up gpg
sigs.

ezmlm-idx, which runs the MandrakeSecure lists, doesn't have this
peculiar behaviour. Todd Lyons and I tracked down sympa as the culprit
a few months ago, but I'm not sure what the reason for sympa doing it
was (it was a particular characteristic of an email). Something like a
space behind a triple dash or something.
Ah,

thanks. Nice to know.
I wish I could remember what triggered it exactly. But that's a basic sum up. Maybe Todd remembers.

Anyways, one day sympa really needs to be retired, for things like this.

--
MandrakeSoft Security; http://www.mandrakesecure.net/
"lynx -source http://linsec.ca/vdanen.asc | gpg --import"