On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 06:45 -0600, Robert Wideman wrote:
> Then let all go with the new VIA ITX MB's and we will all be fine.  FYI,
> 933mhz embedded proc with everything included (www.viatech.com) is $120 on
> pricewatch.com...complete system for less than $400.

I'd really like to see 9.1 dealing with this hardware on the VIA ITX.
Specs of the EPIA M9000 (that's the one with the included 933 cpu),
offered in Germany by www.alternate.de for 189 EURO (around $205):

- VIA C3 cpu 933 MHz
- RAM up to 1024M (DDR, PC-200, PC-266)
- Graphics: VIA CastleRock AGP (up to 64M shared memory)
- Sound: VIA VT1616 6-channel AC97 Codec
- NIC: VIA VT6103 10/100 Mbit

USB 2.0, Firewire, 2x IDE (166), and all the rest.

This may amount to a complete system with a 80G harddisk, DVD/CD-RW and
floppy drive and 512M RAM to approx EURO 550-600 ($600-650). Sorry, I
forgot the case, some $50 more.

That's the cheapest you can get with these specs. Of course it's a
very cheap way to upgrade an older 400MHz system which you can
canibalize for harddisk, DVD, DC-RW, floppy and case.

Anybody got that mobo already?

wobo