Hmm, wait a minute...

I think I figured it out:

I seem to be able to mount /mnt/cdrom2 without a cd being in the
drive... And from the moment that's done, it all seems to work... if I
insert a cd, its contents are correctly displayed, I can eject it
without unmounting, and I can replace the cd and it will detect that and
get its contents right again...

so that would mean I should just remove the "noauto" from fstab, and I
should be fine?

Is that how it works?

Thanks

Hans

--
In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?

Hans Schippers
1LIC INF
UIA 2002-2003