Vincent Danen wrote:

Agreed.  It's pretty solid.  I did manage to hang my cooker box once or
twice, but hey, it's cooker.  I expect this sort of stuff occassionally.
I can lock my 9.0 box at will, just capturing video or trying to use full duplex audio (when the load is high).
Traced the problem to the kernel compiled with gcc3 and a not really up to date bttv driver, as well as a non functional alsa subsystem.
Now I'm using 8.2 kernel and everything is almost fine.
I didn't try cooker kernels because they caused strange problems on another test machine and I'm only using xfs on this one.

Bye

--
Luca Olivetti
Note.- This message reached you today, it may not tomorrow if you