This time Vincent Danen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
becomes daring and writes:

> On Sat Feb 08, 2003 at 12:10:59AM -0500, Mark Weaver wrote:
>> everytime one of the eh-hem...programs leaks so bad it stuffs the entire
>> system, or explorer craps out and takes down the entire system. pa-Lease!
>> I've been throwing everything thing I can think of and some things I've
>> thought of myself that I'm rather proud of and I've only been able to totally
>> freeze my Mandrake desktop bad enough that I had to do a hardboot all of two
>> times. I've been running Mandrake since 7.0. ( now running Mandrake 9.0 )
>> strongest, most well thought out and best put together OS I"ve ever seen, and
>> I've seen a few.
>
> Agreed.  It's pretty solid.  I did manage to hang my cooker box once or
> twice, but hey, it's cooker.  I expect this sort of stuff
> occassionally.

  I locked my cooker box tonight...after 60 days of uptime (power went
  out, no UPS...lost around 30 or 40 days on that)...finally decided
  to move stuff to the second 120gig HD I got...for some reason,
  diskdrake didn't like the hdh disk...it didn't complain about hdg
  (exactly the same model)...I fdisk/mkfs'ed hdh by hand and it
  worked...but diskdrake ate my X...which tends to lock kboard and
  mouse when you run the nvidia drivers...so hard reboot :( But...it's
  my first lockup since I moved to cooker circa 8.2b1

> Yup.  I would be Win-free, except for EverQuest.  I hear it's coming out for
> the Mac soon, which would be great, except the Mac version won't be able to
> interact with the Win version, meaning separate servers.  Meaning starting
> all over again.  =(  I'll keep my 5GB Win2k partition specifically to play
> it.  My Wintendo, as it were.

  Uhm...I've heard you can run EverCrack on WineX and play well, with
  a few details (some sounds or some crap like that...I don't play
  EverCrack :) google is your friend :)

> So there is *one* good thing about Windows, for me.  =)

  Nah, if you can WineX it, you don't need windows :)

  Vox, who loves his WC3 and D2 on winex :)

--
Think of the Linux community as a niche economy isolated by its beliefs.  Kind
of like the Amish, except that our religion requires us to use _higher_