Hello all,

Will there ever be a KDE3.1 version released for 8.x?

Get a grip people!
This is Linux! If you want the newest software, run the new versions, OR: Go get KDE x.xx and install it yourself!

How can you people continue to push Mandrake to release the newest software for old releases, AND expect them to put out new releases?!?!

Yes, I agree (in part) that the release cycle is too fast. They have developed the habit of moving on to the next version, before they get the current one, up to date, and working (se my last post on this).

I'm on a rant today.

I see two distinct flavors of users on this list:

1) I want the latest & greatest everything, all the time, on my 2 year old distro. And it better be stable.

and

2) I want new versions of everything, including the OS monthly.. and it better be stable.

Give Mandrakesoft a break folks. If you want to run bleeding edge, either run cooker, upgrade, or, install it yourself.

Enough ranting. I have work to do.

Ric